Please Hang Up and Try Again

, 8.19.2010

Old people and phones. Nooooo! Better combination than an old person and vehicle, but still damn annoying. I could ramble on about it, but instead I will just share the conversation. 


"Hello?"

"Hello. Rachel? This is Sarah."

"I'm sorry, I think you've gotten the wrong number."

"Oh. I'm sorry to have bothered you. Bye."


1 minute later....


"Hello?"

"Hello. Is Rachel there?"

"Ma'am, I just spoke to you. This is still the wrong number."

"Well, is this number 555-5555?"

"Yes, that's the number. But, my name is Shelley and this has been my number for about 6 years now."

"No, this is the number that I've written down for my friend Rachel. Are you sure this is number 555-5555?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm sure."

"Well, I don't know why I would've written this number down if this wasn't the right number...."

"I tell you what, if I see Rachel, I'll let her know you called."

2 Response to "Please Hang Up and Try Again"

Anonymous Says:

Thats awesome!!

Anonymous Says:

Oh man. Poor old people. I have a soft spot in my heart for them, but they have no business around electronics or vehicles.

You handled that a lot more patiently than I would have.

Post a Comment